|1891/1894*||City to City||Paris – Rouen|
|Hippolyte Panhard||13||Panhard et Levassor|
|*built 1891, raced 1894|
In 1984 a trial for horeseless carriages from Paris to Rouen was held, which is considered as the beginning of organized motor racing. Despite not being a true race, but rather a trial, run from Paris to Rouen was the crucial point for the further growth and development of motor sport. The trial was unofficially won by Count Albert de Dion who was the fastest in his steam-powered car, but not eligible for the first prize as not accompanied by mechanic. The first prize was to be awarded by the judges consisted of the staff of “Le Petit Journal” and consulting engineers to the car which best fulfilled the requirements of being “without danger, easily handled and of low running cost”. The major contenders were Peugeot and Panhard et Levassor companies to whom the first prize was awarded equally. Four works Panhard et Levassor were entered for the trial in hands of both company founders, Hippolyte Panhard and Emile Levassor, teamed up with Emile Mayade and Georges Dubois. This plastic Minialuxe model produced in the 1960s reproduces the 4 seater petrol-powered Panhard-Levassor car manufactured in 1891 and driven in the Paris – Rouen Trial by Hippolyte Panhard. He set the best time out of PL squad finishing 4th after De Dion, Albert Lemaitre and Auguste Doriot on Peugeots.