The Connaught A was built by Rodney Clarke according Formula 2 regulations in 1952 and raced in 1952 – 54. It was the first Formula car for Connaught Engineering team. The car was powered by engine developed by Connaught from the Lea-Francis engine used in their “L” type sports cars. The driving force behind Connaught team was Kenneth McAlpine who backed and managed the team being one of it works driver at the same time. In 1953, which was the second season for Connaught, McAlpine hired Roy Salvadori as the second driver, and provided the third car for some races to Prince Bira, Stirling Moss and Jack Fairman. Three more cars were entered by Ecurie Belge, Ecurie Ecosse and Rob Walker Racing Team. This scale model by Spark represents Roy Salvadori’s car from the German Grand Prix where Salvadori retired, as in other 4 WDC races that season.
|Roy Salvadori||15||Connaught Engineering|