Ferrari 246P is the first Ferrari rear-engined f1 car. It is based on the 246 models which was conventional front-engined single seater, used in 1958-1960. The ‘P’ indicates for ‘Posteriore’ (rear). In fact, 246P was mid-engined, as the engine was in front of the rear axle. The car was powered by Ferrari Dino Type 171 V6 engine of 2,4-litres. The car was used mostly as a prototype for testing rear-engined layout, and was raced just two times in 1960 season. Its debut was in Monaco Grand Prix when 246P driven by Richie Ginther finished in 6th place. Later that year the car in F2 specification (known as Ferrari 156 F2 of 156P) fitted with the 1.5 V6 engine was driven by von Trips to 5th place in Italian Grand Prix.
|Richie Ginther||20||Scuderia Ferrari|
|1:43||IXO||Fabbri Ferrari F1 Collection|