The first post-war Maserati racing car, 4CLT/48, was based on 1939 4CL design. The car was powered by the same 1.5-litre supercharged engine upgraded with twin-superchargers, which increased power up to around 260 hp. The chassis was also modified – the appended T denoting its tubular chassis. The 4CLT took its first victory in its maiden race at 1948 San Remo Grand Prix, so the car was nicknamed “San Remo”. The 4CLT/48 was produced by order to many customers, including Argentinian Automobile Club which bought 2 cars for Juan Manuel Fangio and Benedicto Campos to race in Europe. After successful debut of Argentinian 4CLT/48 on the home stage – in 1948-49 Temporada, Fangio and Campos went to Europe and Juan Manuel won his first 1949 European event – the San Remo Grand Prix. More victories continued in various French and Italian races, including 1949 Pau Grand Prix where Fangio drove 4CLT/48 #4.
|Juan Manuel Fangio||4||Automovil Club Argentina|
|1:43||IXO||Luppa Colleccion Museo Fangio|