British Racing Partnership founded in 1957 by Alfred Moss and Ken Gregory – Stirling Moss’s father and former manager, respectively, was one of the most important private F1 teams in the 1950s – 1960s. In 1962-63 the BRP was renamed as UDT Laystall Racing, as part of a new similar sponsorship deal. The Laystall Engineering, owned by United Dominions Trust (UTD), was the principal supplier of crankshafts to the British automotive and aviation industries. UTD Laystall Racing ran several cars for Innes Ireland and Masten Gregory. These were mainly Lotuses of various types (18, 18/21, 24), but a single Ferrari 156 was entered in the non-championship BRDC International Trophy race in Silverstone. The car painted in red with light-green vertical stripe was driven by Innes Ireland. The Scottish driver finished 4th, 1 lap behind winning Graham Hill’s BRM.
|1962||F1||BRDC International Trophy|
|Innes Ireland||9||UDT Laystall Racing|
|1:43||IXO||Fabbri Ferrari F1 Collection|