When Lancia withdrew in 1955, Ferrari inherited its assets, putting the modified D50 on the track in 1956. The car, designed by Vittorio Jano, originally was characterized by two side tanks, although in 1956 tanks were removed as well and many of Jano’s most innovative design. The car was rebadged as the “Lancia-Ferrari D50” and later simply the “Ferrari D50”. Mercedes-Benz also quit from motor racing after the 1955 season, and Juan Manuel Fangio joined Ferrari. Scuderia usually entered 4-car team in each race – Peter Collins, Eugenio Castellotti, and Luigi Musso drove D50 alongside Fangio. During their competition lifespan D50s were entered into 14 World Championship Formula One Grand Prix, winning five. All victories were recorded in 1956, including 3 wins by Fangio (one was shared with Musso), and 2 wins by Collins. At the end of the season Fangio secured his 4th World Champion title, while Collins was 3rd in the points standings behind Stirling Moss in Maserati. This long-nose version of the D50 with nose painted in Argentinian colors, was driven by Fangio to victory in the 1956 German Grand Prix.
|Juan Manuel Fangio||1||Scuderia Ferrari|
|1:43||IXO||Fabbri Ferrari F1 Collection|