Amedee Gordini, Italian-born racing driver and manufacturer, after World War II was hired by French Simca company to develop single-seater racing car for new Formula B (later Formula 2). In 1947 Gordini built special racing monoposto powered by small-displacement 1100 cc 4-cylinder pushrod engine. The car was christened Simca-Gordini T11. In 1948 engine was upgraded to 1460 cc to T15 specification. T15 featured four-speed manual gearbox, independent front suspension with wishbones and coil springs in the front with a rigid rear axle setup with longitudinal torsion bars. Its inaugural race was at 1948 Sweden Grand Prix in Stockholm where Prince Bira drove T15 to victory. This particular model represents Maurice Trintignant’s car from 1949 Pau Grand Prix. The race was won by Fangio on Maserati 4CLT/48 while Trintignant finished 5th. Later Simca-Gordini T15 (also known as Gordini T15) raced in many Grand Prix of World Driver’s Championship until 1953 driven by such legendary drivers as Robert Manzon, Johnny Claes, Paul Frere, Andre Simon and others. The model is from Les Belles Annees Simca Collection by Altaya. Later the model was also re-published in La Saga Gordini Collection issued by Atlas.
|1949||Grand Prix||Pau Grand Prix|
|Maurice Trintignant||16||Equipe Gordini|
|1:43||IXO||Altaya / Les Belles Annees Simca|