Cooper T23 – Bristol, or Cooper-Bristol MkII, built by Cooper Cars in 1953 was the further development of T20 (MkI) from 1952. The T23 had many improvements, such as a lighter tubular frame and larger brakes. The 11-inch Alfin light-alloy drum brakes of MkII were very significant improvement because drum brakes of the MKI had been one of the vehicles achilles heal. The body was slightly redesigned, making it smoother and more aerodynamic. T23 powered by Bristol, or sometimes, Alta engines were used extensively by lot of private drivers and teams. One of such teams was Ecurie Richmond formed by Alan Brown and Eric Brandon, who ran Formula 2 Coopers in British and International races in 1952-54. Brandon, boyhood friend of John Cooper, who helped him build specials, was involved in motor racing since 1946. He raced mostly in F3 and won the very first 500cc event in Britain. With Ecurie Richmond Brandon entered in few World Championship events in 1952 and 1954, as well as in many non-championship races. One of his appearances was the Lavant Cup held in Goodwood in April 1954. Brandon finished in his Ecurie Richmond Cooper T23 – Alta in 6th place.
|Eric Brandon||21||Ecurie Richmond|
|Factory built kit|