Hersham and Walton Motors (HWM) was established in 1938 by George Abecassis and John Heath. In the 1940s, HWM had a successful stint as a manufacturer of race cars. George Abecassis and John Heath began racing together in 1946 and were responsible for a new racing car that used the chassis of a Sports Alta. After building the HW-Alta, they went on to build a full team of cars for the 1950 Formula Two event. Lance Macklin, son of the automotive entrepreneur Noel Macklin, founder of both the Invicta and Railton car companies, was invited by George Abecassis to join the team in 1950. They finished 5th in the 1950 Le Mans, and since then Macklin regularly drove HWM in Formula 2 and Formula 1 races in 1950-1954. The model by Jade Miniatures represents the HWM ’53 chassis specification fitted with Alta 2.5 litres F1 engine, driven by Macklin in the 1954 French Grand Prix.
|Lance Macklin||32||HW Motors|