Emeryson cars first appeared in the early 1930s when George Emery built several racing specials under the Emeryson name. After World War II, his son Paul followed in his father’s footsteps and continued building racing specials. By the early 1950s, he built a few cars for the Formula 3 series before turning his attention to Formula 2. First Emeryson Formula 1 car was built and raced by Paul Emery in 1956. It was powered by 2.5-litres Alta S4 engine. Few years later when Formula 1 switched to 1.5-litre motors, Emeryson returned to F1 design with the financial support from former Cooper works driver Alan Mann and some associates. In 1961, a Coventry-Climax-engined Formula 1 cars was built for Bruce Halford who drove it in non-championship events. A couple of cars were also built for Equipe Nationale Belge (ENB). One of their cars (‘P’ chassis) was powered by the Coventry-Climax FPF 1.5 L S4 engine while the other 3 (1001, 1002, and 1003) were fitted with Maserati Tipo 6 1.5 L4 motor. The drivers of the Belgian team – Olivier Gendebien, Willy Mairesse, Lucien Bianchi and Andre Pilette were frequent entrants in many non-championship races in 1961 and Bianchi and Gendebien entered Emerysons in the Monaco Grand Prix as well. Both of them did not qualified for the race scoring the worst 20th and 21st times in the qualification. The car #10 driven by Lucien Bianchi is represented in this scale model by Villa Model.
|Lucien Bianchi||10||Equipe Nationale Belge|