The 16 hp de Dion Bouton light racing car was built in 1902. In 1903 4 de Dion Bouton light cars equipped with the new 2250cc engine developing 16 to 18 hp were entered in Paris – Madrid race, the major city-to-city event of the year. The race was stopped at Bordeaux with Pellisson (5th) and Bardin (10th) as the top placeholders for De Dion Bouton in the Light cars Class. Louis Loste who drove car #144 retired before the race was stopped. Only the car #144 survived until today. In 1957 the car participated in a retro race in Italy and made a timed demonstration at Monza by driving at more than 82 kmh, a pace very close to its maximum speed in Paris-Madrid (90 kmh).RAMI released the model based on Loste’s car in January 1968.
|1903*||City to City||Paris – Madrid|
|*built 1902, raced 1903|